Exfoliation is soo important for your skin. It removes all the accumulated dirt, oil along with the lump of dead skin cells. If you do not exfoliate regularly, it’ll act as the microbe’s breeding site, which will lead to painful pimples, acne, and blackheads. You should add a perfect sugar exfoliator to your regular skincare regime. You should at least exfoliate skin two times a week, but not more than three times a week.
- Exfoliation is a crucial part of the skincare routine.
- Scrubbing removes off the skin’s dry and flaky dead layer, exposing young fresh skin surface.
- The scrub contains a coarse, grainy matter, which removes the upper layer of flaky skin.
Recently people are opting for natural products; following that, a new branch in beauty is established in Ayurveda. It’s all because the chemical beauty products consist of a high amount of parabens, and sulfates, which can be so toxic and affect the skin to a great extent.
The main component of the store-scrub is finally grounded grains, which can be easily replaced by sugar which can be found in every kitchen. You can try some of the sugar exfoliator/scrubs ideas shared below to scrub out your dead skin cell from your face.
Sugar has glycolic acid, which is associated with cleansing qualities. You need to mix sugar with a nourishing compound to balance it because sugar can extremely dry your skin.
Why choose sugar as an exfoliator?
- Sugar has a property to store the moisture naturally; it hydrates the skin by absorbing water from the atmosphere and incorporating it into the skin.
- Sugar has Glycol acid compounds which basically protect our skin from the harmful sun rays.
- The sugar compounds exfoliate skin perfectly, removing the oil, dirt, and microbial clog on the surface and promote skin rejuvenation.
- It is more delicate on the skin than salt scrubs, hence an absolute solution for sensitive skin.
- Exfoliator blocks ingrown hair from rising back.
- Best way to scrub the whole body, including feet and hands; it’ll leave your entire body hydrated and nourishing. Sugar exfoliator can be easily used on every skin type as it doesn’t have any harmful effects.
You need to use sugar scrub at least once a week to achieve radiant-fresh-youthful skin. Gentleness is essential. Don’t be hard rub soft & gentle in circular movements on the skin for few minutes and wash it off immediately with cold water.
You can quickly make a DIY sugar scrub with the available products readily available in your kitchen cupboards.
peppermint-coconut oil scrub
This is a blessing for those experiencing normal-dry skin. Mix 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 drops of peppermint essential oil, and one tablespoon of Vitamin E oil. Your fresh, minty homemade sugar scrub is done.
Grind a cup of oats into a powder and mix the whole cup of oats powder with 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of honey, and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Oats perform great for sensitive and acne-prone skin, attacking the acne-causing microbes living in the skin.
Green tea-sugar scrub:
Boil any green tea leaves; for 2 tablespoons of the tea, add 2 tablespoons of honey and add 5 tablespoons of sugar to the mixture. Blend till you get a paste-like consistency. Use this scrub at least once a week to get the brightness from honey and radiation from the green tea.
Lemon - Sugar Scrub
Squeeze 2 lemons into 2 tablespoons of sugar and half a cup of olive oil. Relieve your skin from sun discoloration, tanning, and hyperpigmentation. This is the best scrub for discolored and chapped lips. It makes your lips soo soft. Mix equivalent parts of beetroot extract and sugar and apply them to your lips. Rub considerately for 1-2 minutes and wipe it off.
Add 4 tablespoons of sugar to a cup of fresh yogurt. Yogurt benefits you by cleaning and tightening the pores.
Banana contains vital vitamins and minerals that are extremely helpful for your skin. This enchanting scrub can readily made by mixing 2 tablespoons of sugar with 1 smashed banana. This paste will give your skin a smoother and more relaxed look.
Isn’t it amazing how simple and easy making these DIY (homemade scrubs)? Therefore, give these methods a try, which will save you all those salon spending money.